Wednesday, April 9, 2008

There and Back again....a tubby man's tale!

So yeah I ripped the title from a blog I wrote on myspace but I thought it was clever so I'm going to use it again, besides I'm trying to be light hearted about something I'm very upset about. Anywho after another season has come and again I must go to the store to purchase some new clothes for my tubby ass, I'm finally fed up. Towards the end of high school I felt like I was at my biggest when I was wearing XXL shirts and a size 42 waist....I never know my weight because I don't do scales because they aren't a true measure of how you are with different body types, muscle mass, etc, etc...Anyways I did something about it starting my freshman year of college and fought to get myself down to a comfortable weight and I managed to get into Med or Large shirts depending on style and a 32 waist size. Well here recently after some rough times in life I just kind of fell into an impulse driven lifestyle of, I'm depressed so if I want it I'll get it. This included everything from clothes, electronics, movies, and of course food. Well here lately I've just felt ugh and have ballooned into a XXL and 40 waist again and I'm just sick to myself. I'm not using this blog to cry or complain or make excuses because I'm a firm believer in choice. I chose to eat alot of bad foods, drink alot of soda, and pretty much do no excersise at all and now I'm paying for it with pain in my knees, feet, and back. I'M DONE! As of yesterday I got my fat ass in the gym and did some needed excersing. It's been tough and my body has been rebelling against me from a couple of old nagging injuries but this week is the warm up week. Cause you can't bust out the old car and immediatley start yammin on the gas. However I have gotten my 20mins of continuous cardio in and some basketball to boot. Of course the first 2 weeks is the hardest but I'm pissed and I'm motivated and I know I can do it cause I've done it before. My goal is 195 lbs and within two weeks I will be doing 45min to an hour cardio 2 times a day, once at 8am, second time in the evening. I'm working out at Lexington Athletic Club so if anyone else wants to get into shape its always easier with a partner. Just be warned once this train is rolling you better be prepared for the ride! Its the first day of the rest of my life where I don't choose to sit around waiting for things to happen, I choose to make them happen!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay Jeffro!! I understand how you feel. I know Stephanie goes there and think Jag does too. I'm going to be doing the same thing. I need to get my fat ass back in shape. I'm hoping that if you still give me that eliptical machine, that will help me lots. :) I'm so happy for you. Just know though, I love you no matter what ;)

AnnaMarie said...

Fisher... I am SO happy for you!! I hope you'll come over for dinner one night soon and let me cook you a delicious, HEALTHY meal as a congratulations on your decision! Roy and I will be there to support you 100%!!

Anne and Leigh said...

Way to go Fish!! You have a great attitude, and you will accomplish your goals! Hard work will pay off.

-Anne

Leigh said...

That is awesome Fish!! Anytime you want to meet up at the arboretum or gtown park and do a couple of laps, give Anne and I call. We are always up for that! Way to go!!

beinmyOWNself said...

fishy, i love you and i'm proud of you! (and i love you no matter how much or how little there is of you!)

Life and times of a single mother said...

Congrats Fisher!!!!!!!!!!I love my gym time. Rick has notice a difference which makes me so happy.