Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Soul Belongs To Microsoft......


I am amazed to where the level of gaming has gone and very excited for the future. The gaming industry has now topped the Box Office and DVD sales to become the #1 form of entertainment in America. I know many have touted in the blogger nation the greatness of the Nintendo Wii. However I have invariably written the deed to my soul to one Bill Gates and the Microsoft Xbox 360. Why has the Xbox been granted my soul? Well simply Xbox Live. Microsoft's Xbox Live is by far the standard for online gaming (wake up Sony and Nintendo)and now with the Xbox Live Marketplace, sooo much more. The new marketplace offers classic arcade games including Joust, Pac-Man, Tetris, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Simpsons, and many more. I can also download online playable versions of Spades, Hearts, Texas Hold'em, and UNO. Many Xbox 360 games offer play online against thousands(there's consistently over 200,000 people playing Halo 3 when I sign on) and offer new downloadable content for games to increase their playable value. There are now Tens of Thousands of TV shows, and Hi-Def movies available for purchase and download to your Xbox on the marketplace thanks to partnerships with almost all the major networks and production companies. Just recently announced is a deal with Netflix that will allow Xbox Live subscribers and Netflix subscribers to be able to download over 10,000 movies and TV shows from Netflix at no additional cost. I have made friends over Xbox Live in Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, Canada, California, and many other cities as well as being able to play games with many of my Kentucky Friends. Anytime I want to jam on Rock Band with other people, play some Spades or Texas Hold'em, and do some good ole fashion killing with millions across America it's at the touch of a button. I bow to you great Microsoft for your innovation in leading the way to change the future of entertainment! Come to the Dark Side!




3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sorry sir, but I'm still in love with my wii. I can play it online (not that I do) and I also have a marketplace that I can get all the classic Nintendo games (which I have). I'm sorry, but I can't join your darkside, I'm a Wii addict. ;)

Jeff Fisher said...

Oh I am very glad you like your Wii. I was purposefully trying not to turn this into a debate over which was better. Just that I watched the E3 Microsoft Press Conference and was excited about the future for my Xbox 360 and gaming in general. Microsoft is ahead of the game...for the moment...and online play is the present and future. However I do like Zach's comment best about the Wii...I don't play video games to work out and move around, I play them so I can veg out...bahahahaha :)

Nikki said...

I do think that Microsoft will probably always be ahead of the game though. They have a ton of money that they can pour into their prototypes. But Keith's xbox is at my house and I do admit, I enjoy playing lego star wars. :)