Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update....

First off I want to thank everyone for their support and well wishes for my dad. As most of you know he was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in Feb. The doctor told him they caught it early and he did his research on where to do and decided to go to Vanderbilt to have the removal procedure. His surgery was last Wednesday afternoon in Nashville and they were able to do the robotic procedure and was a great success. My step-mom and dad were home by Thursday evening and he is recovering nicely. He'll be laid up for a few weeks of rest but they already removed his tube and bag that he had to use for the restroom. He said he'd be cleared to play golf in a couple weeks and my parents have a golf outing planned for September.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

YAY! I'm so happy your dad is doing well!

AnnaMarie said...

I am so glad to hear everything went well with your pops. You all have been in my thoughts.

Anne and Leigh said...

I am glad to hear things went well.