Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reality TV....I'm disgusted with myself!

So I have to admit it, I'm a reality TV junkie, I just cannot look away from train wreck after train wreck. Real World, Real World/Road Rules Challenges, Survivor, Flavor of Love, I love New York, Surreal Life, The Hills, Laguna Beach, Shot of Love with Tela Tequila, America's Most Smartest Model, Ultimate Fighter, Rock of Love, hell even WWE and TNA Wrestling can be included. You name it this year and I've probably watched it and wasted numerous hours doing so. It used to be I liked reality shows that had physical challenges because I enjoyed the competition part. Then I slowly picked up a couple of shows cause it had hot girls( I know I'm shallow). Slowly I began to realize how amazingly full of garbage these shows were. They aren't even pretending anymore to be anything but trash. I love how at the end of the Rock of Love the girl Brett Michaels picked just kinda came out and was like well the show was fun but we're not dating. According to her they had a 6 month period of non-contact between final filming and the live Re-Union show. Ok you've spent a week with a person, say your interested in them and choose them to date, then spend six months not even speaking to them cause of the TV contract...WHAT A LAUGH! How could you ever find true love on TV? I mean both Flavor of Loves, I Love New York, and any of the Bachelor/Bachorlette shows the two never end up together, but thousands tune in each time expecting them to. Of course we all know about editing, starting fights, people going on with an idea that they are going to be the villian, etc, etc....But it's not even about that. It's about the train wreck of how these idiots trully believe in whatever is going on and interaction with each other. The worst is these dating shows where the whole time 1 person, "looking for love" makes out with every contestant on the show, then kicking them off one by one. On the Real World before the quote 1on1 interviews the producers are telling then what a roomate has said about them to either instigate a fight or love connection. I know all this but still cannot turn away. I am ashamed at myself for watching all of these but I can't help it.....drama, love, comedy, action, sex all rolled into 1 hour....sometimes it really is just Must See Tv.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I try to give an even ratio of fluff and quality. 1 hour of Project Runway = 2, 30 minute episodes of How It's Made. I also like to do something while I watch TV to make it more worthwhile. Perhaps you should take up knitting!