Monday, January 7, 2008

Poems and Songs!

Poems and Songs
by
Jeff Fisher

"Sitting So Close"
Sitting so close, yet so far away...
A beauty strikes my sight...
Two beaming baby blues stray...
Causing my heart to beat with might...
An enchanting vision close to fantasy...
Each glance in her direction accompanied by fright...
However it is love that may never be...
For there is someone whom she looks on so bright...
Such a lovely girl, I wish in some way...
To be in her company just for one night...
Sitting so close, yet so far away!

"FRIENDS"
Wasting time each and every way...
Taking control, seizing the day...
Making a toast igniting your soul...
With the whole crew waiting to roll...
Venturing out into the unknown....
Realizing how each and every one has grown...
Scouring all across this blazing town...
Checking to see what is going down...
All of the late nights taking their toll...
Which is the last thought when you feel whole...
Nothing saving you from those dark ends...
Except for the company of your friends...
Always up for that late night bout...
Paying no care if you venture in or out...
Soothing the mood, Pink Floyd is in...
Taking another round with Jim or the Captain...
Nobody ever said there would be hell to pay...
Living life, nothing else more to say.

"It Would Happen To Me"
We met one unexpected day....
Having casual conversation in every way...
In this great world we found a connection...
A mutual friend with whom we had affection...
Now with every conversation comes a wonder...
Of when and where we shall bump into each other...
I don't really know her, yet no stranger at all....
Making a world so large, feel oh so small...
What is left now, an unknown journey...
Above all else I just hope she will like me...
If things should happen to go right for once...
I will have to pay a great penance...
Just as I will grow closer and closer...
Soon school ends, followed by her departure...
Then off she goes to her home state...
For a whole summer I will have to wait...
Why is it everything in my life....
Has to be a struggle, met with great strife...
I guess the old sayings, true they must be...
That anything worth while in life, never, ever comes easy.

"About A Girl"
An angel of such pleasurable delight...
Just being in your presence, I tremble in fright...
Such beautiful eyes with a great flare...
Make my heart melt with one dazzling stare...
When you walk by, my breath you take away...
Leaving me standing, like a fool without a word to say...
My dreams may one day become reality...
If what can be overlooked is that which is petty...
I know I am no hunk, no darling baby...
Just a man like none other who would love you like crazy...
Don't drive a fancy car, no millionaire...
But instead possess a heart looking for a person to care...
I feel as if I have found a lavish pot of gold....
That is why I must be so bold...
To overcome fear, heresy, and pride...
And thus to my heart I will abide...
I ask you now at this peaceful moment in time...
If you could ever be mine.

"Her and I"
I cannot be rid of the memories
Pretending to all, that nothing is wrong
That something, if anything, is quite all right
As much as I try to put it aside
There we are again, walking down that empty road
Around that neighborhood out in the unknown
Striding by her side, one small step behind
Sharing this moment together, just her and I
Tell me...Where it all went wrong
Tell me...That we don't belong
Tell me...How things weren't to be
Tell me...Were we not happy
I sit now and ponder
Where the last year has gone
Seems like just last week, together still
Riding high on our love, one never thought possible
The last thought of the evening, the first of the day
Are those comforting words whispered into your ear last night
I even remember the beat of her pulse
As I lay there beside her, resting comfortably
Tell me...When did it all go
From I love you to I don't know
Tell me...How love felt truly
Ends with a fathers insanity
Tell me.... Why oh why
Tell me...At least, that it was hard to say goodbye
Now all that's left of a love thought true
Are what I have embedded in lasting memory
Strange how one event can change everything
One that you even take the blame for
Wanting to be done what was right, but having no control
The physical wounds now go unnoticed, the emotional ones still scarred
I know now that we don't belong together
Just nice to trudge through the mud, smile, and remember

"The Struggle"
What is it about life that is so hard...
Can turn you inside out, make you feel like you’re so far...
No matter what, on any given day...
Seems like nothing will pan out my way...
Study hard in school, but still no A...
Fall in love with a girl, she lives far away...
Or she belongs to someone else...
Breaking my heart down till it melts...
Can do everything right at work...
Yet still get yelled at for a little quirk...
Guess that is just how it will be...
That the game of life will never be easy.

"Infatuation"
She ventured into my life from afar…
At a time when my heart was scarred…
First thing to catch my view…
Was a shining smile that could melt you…
From a very sweet voice came words of intelligence…
Yet so softly spoken, hardly saying more than a sentence…
Two baby brown eyes like none I have seen…
Accented by one cute eyebrow ring…
Such a pretty girl from another place…
So enchanting as to make your heart race…
All I could do was sit down and ponder…
How could I capture such a wonder…
It would make me so very happy…
Just for her to go on one date with me…
I wish I could put aside this fear…
My dreams could come ever so near…
I just must be patient…
For there is another with whom she is intimate…
Maybe one fateful day it shall be…
That luck will change in favor of me.

"At First Sight"
Into my mixed up world she came...
As beautiful as the gem that bares her lovely name...
So marvelous was this graceful angel...
Captivated, my heart stood deathly still...
Introduced innocently on one quiet day...
Who could have thought it would happen this way...
At first my thoughts were centered on another...
But from our first conversation I knew there was no other...
Lingering in my thoughts each day and night...
I knew it was love at first sight.
Such a lovely girl in every possible way...
Like a rose in full bloom on an enchanting spring day...
Hair as golden as the sun, eyes shinning bright as a star...
Couldn't miss such a beauty even from afar...
However, was not her beauty that sets her apart...
A diverting personality stole my heart...
Honest, sweet, and tender to her very soul...
Adding to brains and sly wit, completing a magnificent whole.
However it may just be a dream, some romantic fantasy...
For there is another with whom she keeps company...
When this news I heard, my heart, was crushed...
But the fire inside was not so easily hushed...
I wouldn't dare meddle in what she has...
Hopefully it is just a crush that will soon pass...
I would give her my world, love her with all my heart...
Be faithfully true every moment spent apart...
Something inside speaks to me, maybe it's fate...
That on the day I met her, I may have found my soul mate.

"Salvation"
Life, What an interesting game to play...
Can make the most humble person go insane...
I take my seat, left to ponder...
Yet each conclusion leads me to wonder...
Is this how it's supposed to be...
Life playing cruel tricks on everybody...
Is there not something more...
Or are we left to what fate has in store...
Each time it seems peace has come...
Another cloud seems to darken the sun...
I do what I can to help those around me...
While trying to battle my own destiny...
Feeling as if in a Greek tragedy...
Fated to walk a road left empty...
Not that this road is foreign...
Tis one I have traveled ever since I was born...
Alone is where I seem the strongest...
Left at war with my personal darkness...
It seems that's when I come out on top...
Maybe because the darkness is all I have got.

"Reality"
Here I stand in front of it all
Trapped to view through false eyes
From where I was, just couldn't see
This great world hidden in a dark haze
Will it always be this troubling illusion
Or is it just my own true reality
Whenever it all comes together fatefully
I'll stand strong enjoying my time
For as always, the reign will be short
Then back into the war I'm forced to fight
What my fortune holds still encased
Kept from me till I have proven worth
Still I am young, with much to learn
As the world intrudes, still uninvited
I try not to dwell or look too far ahead
Since the now is where my focus must be
And life continues on ordinarily
Leaving only my vision and some time to prepare...

"Misguided Rose"
Such a lovely girl, in a lovely place...
Unfortunately a sorrow is etched on her face...
Wondering through each day, feeling alone...
True love, she needs to be shown...
Always seems to be some sort of trouble...
Being caught in an unhappy bubble.
What has brought on such great sadness...
She seems trapped in the world's madness...
No longer does she posses control...
Loneliness and anger have taken her soul...
Feeling as if she could be froze...
Unwanted as a misguided rose.
However, this is all a grand illusion...
Her life is not this unfortunate prison...
There are people who love her truly...
Who would grant her a life completely...
Because if we could not live and be happy...
Then what kind of world would this be...
If only she could let free for a while...
We could unleash an enchantingly beautiful smile.

"Midnight Break"
See you standing there, your eyes all around...
Lost in what complicates your mind...
Would you care to share a part of you...
Break from the throw of being individual...
The two of us will have a better time...
Just burning the day, away...
Lying together on a bed of string...
Floating above all that holds you down...
Music keeping the soul of the moment...
As the world turns only to you and I...
The cool breeze, an excuse to be arm and arm...
Swaying gently, staring out into love...
Driving till dawn creeps in...
Interrupting the shadowy hold of thought...
The fresh morning air stealing away...
Unfinished smoke, like water cleansing the earth...
Never aware of what a day may hold...
Reveling in the freedom that comes from the night.

"Endgame"
Why is it that I feel so cold...
Like it's all over, the darkness taking hold...
Never a moments peace given to my soul...
I begin to wonder if I can climb from this hole...
Always it seems I travel with nobody by my side...
Forced to face it all, no person to help, nowhere to hide...
I try not to give in to the evil that clouds my thoughts...
But when nothing will go right it leaves me distraught...
I know in life, good times venture along with bad...
Yet when the scale seems uneven it drives you mad...
We come up in a world that can be ever so cruel...
It's hard not to feel trapped or look like a fool...
Never make predictions, nor give into expectations...
It is a path that can only lead one to dejection...
Sadness climbs through me like an infectious disease...
I continue my search for a key...
To the lock that holds me in this prison...
For the moment what keeps me going may be an illusion...
Caught in a battle of wish versus reality...
It is hard to distinguish between them truly...
All I know is I must be stronger...
The war is not yet over and I must struggle longer.

"Ode to Beauty"
Women are true precious gifts of treasure...
Every aspect of them, an unfashionable pleasure...
Lovely shining hair, adoring lips, and soft, tender skin...
A mix of an almost perfect blend...
Walking by, it's hard to fully contain...
That feeling yearning inside like a flame...
Eyes shadowing every lovely crevice...
Like viewing a sunset on an open terrace...
A dream to hold them, feel them, love them...
Bask in every simple joy that comes from...
Spending just a fraction of your time...
Warmed by beauty so ever divine...
Forever the object of man's desire...
Questing for that inner most fire...
Women seem so mysteriously unintentioned...
Drawing even more interest that's unexplained...
My only thoughts are to adore...
Stemming from a love evermore.

"In Dreams"
Only in dreams do I find my comfort...
For it is safe, where I am less hurt...
Why must it seem that only in fantasy...
Be the only place I can be happy...
Can I really be in this state of sadness...
Where a hold on my life, I cannot seem to grasp
Take control of a lonely destiny...
And live each day simply, peacefully...
Vividly submerged into my own reality...
Presenting only what stands out plainly...
Life seems to flow in a constant...
Viewing the mirror only from the front...
Is there more behind this reflection....
Something deep down, not within vision...
I wonder why each task is very trying...
Like an unknown force I keep defying...
More and more I tend to ask myself why...
While days of my life pass me by...
Maybe it's time to forget those worries...
And begin living life more passionately...
Before you realize, it could all come to an end...
Leaving only the wonder of what might have been...
There is too much pleasure in living...
It's time to stop thinking of the ending.

"Imaginings"
Oh please, oh please...
Can this truly be...
Tonight I dream of this...
Such beauty just over there...
I'd give my world to just speak...
To listen to such a lovely voice...
Curly brown hair, and brown puppy dog eyes...
Never has there been a more enchanting prize...
If only I could escape my fear...
And speak to this lovely girl sitting so near.

"Adore"
Marvousely drawn into my sight...
Was an enchanting beauty, so very quiet...
Dark curly hair, and the most lovely brown eyes...
Leaving me to just smile anytime she passes by...
There's not much about her I can say...
Except that she gets prettier each day...
What is it about the feelings garnered by a crush...
That can brighten a day, make the world seem to hush...
I never am able to separate the dream...
For the fear of what reality may bring...
Adoring is, the anticipation of just seeing her...
Of all the obstacles that try to deter...
The strongest of which is me...
There is just something about this girl I see...
Tis too bad all I know is her name...
Which holds to it's own mystique just the same...
Everything about her so intrigues me, that may be why...
I cannot break myself of being so shy...
Maybe one day I'll be able to say...
How beautiful I think she is each and every day.

"Random Winters"
For here we sit tonight, one peaceful moment...
Staring out into what we have yet to view...
A gentle wind sends a chill through the air...
The leaves changing color, the sky a lonely blue...
Winter has brought the coming of new promise...
But as for what the future holds, wish I knew...
Adoring are the lazy days, spent in time of freedom...
Gently strolling through the river, all quiet...
The ghostly enjoyment of knowing you are alone...
Then a sound breaks the silence, one of a fight...
As guilty pleasure runs through your soul...
Pulling from the water the first morning bite...
Why is it each day cannot feel the same...
Away from the pressure of living to work...
Instead of more time spent on simply living...
I now have what brings to me a sly smirk...
A realization of how I've gone wrong...
And a promise to myself, live with a new outlook.

“Valentine's Day”
She ventured in quite unknown...
Standing quietly still, like a shimmering stone...
A beautiful young woman, shy as can be...
Never could have known she'd become so dear to me...
Slowly I began to break the ice...
And found something so pleasantly nice...
That beyond her swagger, blue eyes, and blond curl...
Was a caring, gentle, and adoring brown eyed girl...
Now I look forward to each new day...
So I can sit and listen to what she has to say...
This stranger who entered into my world...
Has now become the one I call my girl...
Slowly, my life she has become a part...
And each day, steals another peace of my heart.

"True Feelings"
Once again the feeling swells in me...
I've met another girl just so very lovely...
With the most amazing smile, dazzling brown eyes...
With an incredible aura blooming from inside...
Every time I see her my heart grows more fond...
Like she's casting a spell with her magical wand...
Although she is quite pretty tis not the outside that calls...
But her inner spirit that will put me into enclosed walls...
Now the question, is my heart to be opened....
And ask this fair maiden, in her company may I spend...
Even for the short time we'd have together...
I would enjoy caring for her like none other...
For she embodies all the beauty of the world...
All this wrapped up into this naturally beautiful girl.

“V-day II: Kristen”
Unexpectedly she ventured into my world…
A naturally lovely, vision of a girl…
So very sweet, and so very shy…
All of which shows through her baby blue eyes…
A treasure that some would feel forbidden…
Pondering if my feelings, can be kept hidden…
Hands begin to tremble, heart beats with might…
Each time she comes within sight…
And on the day where people express their affection…
I follow my heart to ask you this question…
As I end this small, quaint rhyme…
Wondering, could I call you sometime?

“Unaware”
My inside swells up, somewhere unknown…
A feeling that I am unable to show…
For the girl who sits next to me…
Is the representation of true beauty…
However a beauty that she may be unaware…
Her demeanor is shy, shown by her stare…
Hair is golden with eyes so fully…
Filled with sweetness spoken from her voice softly…
To be in her presence for even a small time…
Would be almost surreal, even sublime…
But as always I may not be able…
To admit my feelings, make true this fable.

“A Night At Yaunts Tavern”
For here we sit tonight…
Amongst the bar light…
Enjoying our time with one another…
Knowing there may be no other…
Bartender serving our every wish…
As we enjoy only sweet bliss…
I love my time with my friends…
Together, forever, until the end.
“A Night From Within”
Captivated by the night, as it comes fully…
With passions erupted, from deep within…
The light, which is life, which is love…
Which is truth, which is real…
Life loved from the heart.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy you put some poems!!

Unknown said...

You are so talented Fisher!!

-Anne